SST and its Implementation at Crafio
The Ministry of Finance of Malaysia has reintroduced the Sales Tax and Service Tax ("SST") effective 1 September 2018, in place of the Goods and Services Tax ("GST").
Crafio, as a Sales Tax registered company under Sales Tax Act 2018, will impose a 10% Sales Tax on the goods that we produce in-house. For goods that we do not manufacture ourselves, there will be no Sales Tax applied.
Some of the goods that are subjected to Sales Tax are
- Personalized wedding gift tags
- Laser engraved wooden gift tags
- Wedding place cards
- Burlap favour bags, pew cones and buntings
- Felt embellishments produced by laser cutting
- Table numbers
- Personalized keychains
The above list is not exhaustive and may change based on the goods that we manufacture ourselves.
Some of the items that has no Sales Tax as we do not make them are
- Acrylic rhinestones and pearl beads
- All kinds of ribbons
- Charms and pendants
- Certain wooden embellishments